Monday, November 3, 2008

Lemon Cream Tart

This tart is absolutely amazing! The sweet tart dough crusts is one of my all-time favorites. The lemon filling is silky, tart, and just incredible. It didn't all fit into the crust, so I ended up keeping the extra in the fridge and stealing a spoonful every couple of hours! I made it with Meyer lemons from our backyard, which I think made it all the more delicious. I topped the tart with a sweet blackberry sauce, which complemented the tart filling perfectly.

Don't forget to vote tomorrow!

You can find this recipe online at Serious Eats, here. For the crust I used Dorie's sweet tart dough (recipe here, replacing the almond meal with an equal amount of flour).

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I am going to make this sometime very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have a Meyer lemon tree in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so creamy and yummy! I just love lemon desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make this recipe with Meyer Lemons too. Did you make any adjustments to the amount of sugar you used since Meyer Lemons are sweeter than regular lemons? Also, do you think that reducing the amount of butter would compromise the custard much? Seems like so much! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Christina:

    I didn't adjust the sugar any...in general, I substitute Meyer lemons willy nilly for regular lemons and have never noticed and problems. Perhaps the final result ends up less tart than it would with normal lemons (I don't know, having never tried it that way), but in any case it was very delicious!

    I'm not sure about the butter...You could always try it with half the butter and see how it sets up...it would probably still be delicious even if it was a little softer!

    ReplyDelete