Pumpkin-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (slightly adapted from Oatmeal Cookie Blog)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 3/4 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar.
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 T vanilla
1 T milk2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
3 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1. Brown the butter in a wide skillet. Pour into the bowl of a standing mixer and let sit at room temperature until it begins to solidify.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Add the brown sugar to the butter and cream until light and fluffy.
4. Combine the yolk, pumpkin, vanilla, milk, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
5. Combine the oatmeal, flour, chocolate chips, baking soda, salt, and remaining 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
6. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the creamed butter and mix well to combine. Slowly add the flour-oatmeal mixture to the bowl and mix to combine.
7. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil and scoop 2 T portions of the cookie dough onto the sheets, leaving some room between the cookies. Bake 10-12 minutes (less if you make smaller cookies), or until the bottoms of the cookies are just golden brown. Be careful not to overcook!