Grapefruit-Yogurt Cake (adapted from Cooking Books, original recipe here)
Makes 1 Bundt cake
2 grapefruits, washed
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
6 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 Ts unsalted butter
1 T grapefruit juice (from the grapefruits above)
1/4 cup grapefruit marmalade
1. For the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Zest one of the grapefruits and reserve the zest. Juice both grapefruits, and measure out 1/2 cup and set aside. Reserve the remaining juice for the glaze and for drinks!
2. Grease and flour a Bundt pan and put it in the refrigerator. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. With a standing mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and grapefruit zest together until light and fluffy, about five minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each until they're fully incorporated.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the orange juice, the yogurt and the vanilla. Keep your mixer on low speed and add the dry and wet ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating (dry-wet-dry-wet-dry).
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for about 40 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
6. Make the glaze just as the cake is finishing baking: Melt the butter, 1 T of the remaining grapefruit juice, and the marmalade together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove the cake from the oven and immediately turn it from the pan onto a serving plate. Pour the glaze over the hot cake.