Lemon Cranberry Muffins (adapted from Food Republik, original recipe here)
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (0% fat works well)
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup confectioners sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the yogurt, sugar, salt, and eggs in a large bowl. Add the zest and vanilla and whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just combined.
3. Add the oil and mix until the batter is just combined. Fold in the cranberries.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
5. Make the glaze. Whisk the sugar with a little bit of lemon juice at a time until it reaches a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
I'm sending this post off to BSI: Cranberry!