Monday, July 18, 2011

Secret Recipe Club: Creamy Scramble with Fresh Veggies

This is my third month as a member of the Secret Recipe Club, and I love the surprise every month of finding out who my secret partner will be and looking through all of the delicious recipes on her blog.  This month I was paired up with Tina from Mom's Crazy Cooking.  At first I was convinced that I would choose one of her tasty dessert recipes, but in the end I was more in need of dinner, so I turned to Tina's unique recipe for scrambled eggs.  She includes cream cheese along with the eggs, which makes for extra fluffy, extra rich eggs that are totally delicious.  I made them a complete meal by topping the eggs with avocado, tomatoes, and a bit of cheddar cheese.  An easy and delicious meal - thanks, Tina! 



Creamy Scramble with Fresh Veggies (adapted from Mom's Crazy Cooking)
Serves 1

1/2 avocado
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper
2 eggs
2 T cream cheese, softened
1 T butter or olive oil
1 small heirloom tomato, roughly chopped
Shredded cheddar cheese

1. Mash the avocado, and then add the lime juice plus salt and pepper to taste.  Stir to combine well.

2. Whisk together the eggs, cream cheese, and salt and pepper.  (The cream cheese won't get completely incorporated, so just aim for breaking up any large chunks.)

3. Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.  Add the egg mixture and stir with a rubber spatula, breaking up any remaining pieces of cream cheese as they melt, until the eggs are done to your liking.

4. Top the eggs with the mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese.  Serve immediately.



24 comments:

  1. I love the addition of avocado in this! I love eggs for breakfast or dinner, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm officially hungry! These eggs look beyond fantastic! Please come over and make some for me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh does this sound wonderful! I love eggs for breakfast or dinner...it is breakfast time..yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eggs scrambles are one of my favorite things to make for dinner...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not super big on eggs, but tend to eat them scrambled when I do eat them. Love the lime and cream cheese - will definitely try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! So glad that you found me on SRC and thanks for making one of my recipes! And I love the add'l avocado. My girls would LOVE that! I will have to try it! Thanks again and nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of this scramble...
    So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. This looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! These eggs are dolled up and sound like a really great breakfast item!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a breakfast recipe I would love to try. Anytime avocado is involved I'm sold. Say no more. I really enjoy breakfast dishes with veggies in them as well. So much more satisfying to me. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great choice for SRC this month! Love the idea of adding fresh vegetables to scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful looking recipe.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Holy Guacamole.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love scrambles! I could eat them every day and I'm always excited to find another. I've not used sour cream before in one, but you have me intrigued. On the menu for this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Avocado in scrambled eggs? That's news to me....Good news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore the idea of adding avocado in scrambled eggs...positively delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a B&B cookbook that has a similar recipe for scrambled eggs, using cream cheese. I've only made it once, but I'll have to try it again. And I love your addition of avocado! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh,yummy! I adore scrambled eggs and this is such a delicious way to try them :) You've inspired me! Great SRC choice~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scramble with Avacado, that's interesting, never tried anything like this before, they look lovely I came here through SRC...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely sounds interesting - I never thought of adding cream cheese to scrambled eggs before. I bet it was delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great breakfast dish! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have never thought to put cream cheese in with my eggs. Fabulous idea!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow i bet those were delicious! I've never added cream cheese to my eggs, sounds great! Thanks for playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the inspiration to use fresh tomatoes on my eggs! I usually add salsa, but this will be a nice change tomorrow morning. Glad to meet you via SRC!

    Heather @ Join Us, Pull Up a Chair

    ReplyDelete