Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a lifetime membership to Eat Your Books!
Pineapple-Goat Cheese-Prosciutto Galette (adapted from Fuss Free Cooking, original recipe here)
For the crust:
2.5 ounces white flour
2.5 ounces polenta or cornmeal
Generous pinch of salt
2.5 ounces cold butter
For the filling:
2 ounces goat cheese
1/3 cup thinly sliced pineapple
1 small tomato, seeded and sliced
A few thin slices of prosciutto, torn into small pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Make the crust. Whisk together the flour, polenta or cornmeal, and salt. Cut in the butter until only small lumps remain. Drizzle in about 2 T water and stir together with a fork. Add more water as needed until the dough just holds together. Wrap in plastic and chill at least 1 hour.
2. When ready to make the galette, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Roll out the crust on a floured surface until it's as thin as you like (remember the edges will be folded over, so you want it fairly thin). Transfer to the foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Brush the crust with olive oil. Dot with the goat cheese, and then arrange the pineapple, tomato, and prosciutto over the cheese. Fold the edges of the crust over to slightly cover the filling. Grind black pepper over top.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving.