Friday, June 29, 2012

Pizza with Chicken and Summer Fruits

This pizza is one of the reasons I love making pizza at home - you can do crazy topping combinations with whatever strikes your fancy!  This pizza combines sauteed chicken with juicy black raspberries and nectarines - it's a perfect way to showcase summer fruit.  Jack cheese and goat cheese add tang and creaminess to the pizza for a seriously amazing pie.  You can make this in pretty much no time at all if you use a pre-made crust like we did, or you can buy or make unbaked pizza crust.  Although I love thin-crust pizza, you'll definitely want to make the crust for this one on the medium-thick side since there are a ton of toppings.  Once you bite into a hot slice, you may just agree with my parents that this is one of the most delicious pizzas ever!


Pizza with Chicken and Summer Fruits (inspired by How Sweet It Is, original recipe here)

Pizza dough or pizza crust such as Boboli
Olive oil
Grated Jack cheese
Cooked chicken breast, diced
Thinly sliced nectarines
Black raspberries
Thinly sliced basil
Crumbled goat cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (or whatever temperature recommended for the crust recipe you are using.  Stretch the dough into your pizza pan.  Brush with oil and then generously sprinkle with Jack cheese.  Top with diced chicken, nectarines, black raspberries, and basil.  Crumble goat cheese over the top.  Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Peaches and nectarines are two of my favorite fruits. And they are so sweet and yummy cooked/grilled. I have a feeling I will love this pizza! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one creative and tasty looking pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I've heard of chocolate and banana pizza and of course ham and pineapple, but never really thought about adding other fruits. Looks great! PS Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nontraditional summer pizzas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flavors on this pizza are awesome, I love pizza with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this again substituting blueberries for raspberries. Also, as we were putting the pizza into the oven, we suddenly realized we forgot the chicken! I must say, it was quite good as a vegetarian pizza. (The chicken was saved for curried chicken salad the next day!) - Sara's mom

    ReplyDelete