Serves 2 generously, easily multiplied
For the corn:
2-3 ears sweet corn
1 T olive oil
2 T softened butter
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
For the toasts:
2 ripe avocados
Salt and pepper
4 thick slices seedy whole grain bread, toasted
Crumbled goat cheese
1. Shuck the corn and rub with olive oil. You can cook it however you like -- I cooked mine under the broiler, but the grill is also a great option and steaming will work as well.
2. While the corn cooks, mash together the butter, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Then rub it all over the hot corn as soon as it is done.
3. Let the corn cool a bit, and then carefully slice the kernels off the cob into a bowl.
4. Mash up the avocado with the juice of 1/2 lime. Season generously with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble the toasts, spread each piece of toast generously with avocado. Top with lots of the corn, and then sprinkle with goat cheese.