White Pizza with Spinach and Avocado (adapted from the Kitchn, original recipe here)
12-18 ounces whole wheat pizza dough
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
A few handfuls of baby spinach
6 ounces whole milk fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 Hazz avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with oil.
2. Spread the dough out on the baking sheet to your desired thickness. Bake until dry on top and just starting to brown -- as this pizza has wet toppings, you want to make sure the crust won't get soggy.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta, cream, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the ricotta mixture over the pizza. Top with baby spinach -- it will cook down in the oven, so don't be afraid of a fairly thick layer. Top the spinach with mozzarella.
5. Bake until the crust is crispy and the mozzarella is melted. If the cheese needs a little help to get browned, pass it under the broiler for a minute or two.
6. Top with thinly sliced avocado, slice, and serve hot.