Slow Cooker BBQ Beef-Stuffed Potatoes (adapted from Cooking Light)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3 T tomato paste
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 pounds boneless beef chuck or short ribs
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into thick slices
6 small russet potatoes (4 ounces each) or 3 or 4 larger russet potatoes
To serve: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, favorite barbecue sauce, scallions, etc.
1. Combine the brown sugar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over the beef.
2. Spray the slow cooker insert with oil, and add the sliced red onion. Top with the beef.
3. Rub the potatoes with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap in parchment or foil, and place on top of the beef.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours, until tender. If you used larger potatoes, they might need a couple more minutes in the microwave to cook through (obviously remove the foil first in this case!)
5. To serve, split the potatoes. Shred the beef using two forks. Top each potato with the beef-onion mixture and any other toppings you like.