Saturday, November 3, 2007

Farfalle with Arugula Gremolata

I just got Mollie Katzen's new book The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without from Amazon and am already loving it. I've totally fallen in love with her past books and this one is not a disappointment at all. The recipe I tried this evening, "Farfalle with Arugula Gremolata" was very delicious. The arugula was a little bitter to my taste; I might do part arugula and part spinach next time.

This was also my first time using my new food processor! It was very exciting, and I'm now totally convinced that it was great purchase...compared to those terrible mini food processors I've been using all my life, this one:
a) is completely quiet!
b) actually chops things!
c) is easy to clean!
Amazing.

Here's the gremolata by itself, along with some slices of these great heirloom tomatoes I got at Berkeley Bowl.


And here's the final dish...


Farfalle with Arugula Gremolata (adapted from The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without)

Gremolata

Chop in food processor until finely chopped but not pureed:
2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
2 big garlic cloves
peel from 1 orange

Season with salt and pepper

Pasta

3/4 lb. farfalle
2-3 T extra virgin olive oil
1 recipe Gremolata
Chopped dried cranberries
3 smallish tomatoes, chopped
Crumbled goat cheese
1/2 c minced walnuts, toasted

Cook the pasta. Drain and toss with olive oil immediately. Add the gremolata, cranberries, and tomatoes and toss again. Spook into serving dishes and sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Yum!

And again, don't forget to check out Sweetnicks's ARF/5-A-Day roundup starting Tuesday evening here. I've also been enjoying reading all the entries in Presto Pasta Night, where the round-up is posted every Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Slurp!!! It does sound wonderful and ...there is nothing like a great food processor. I can't imagine how my mother and grandmother lived without them.

    Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night. Hope to see you back soon.

    ReplyDelete