Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Carnitas Manwich Nachos!

What do you do with leftover carnitas? Make Manwich Nachos, of course! My dad really invented these when I was last visiting, by putting regular Sloppy Joes over tortilla chips with cheese. My mom then had the brainstorm to mix our leftover carnitas with Manwich sauce. This is really easy to pull together, either with leftover carnitas or with ground turkey. Just warm up the meat (or cook, in the case of the turkey) with a can of Manwich. Then pour over tortilla chips and top with grated cheese and scallions. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a good way to use up some leftover carnitas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to do this. My husband loves sloppy joe sauce whether it's over ground beef or leftover beef or pork roast. Tell your dad he did well!

    ReplyDelete