Potato Salad with Fava Beans and Fennel (adapted from the kitchn, original recipe here)
3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
2 T olive oil
Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
Juice of 1/2 to 1 Meyer lemon (to taste)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 pound shelled fava beans (removed from outer skins)
1 generous cup very thinly sliced fennel
1 T finely chopped fennel fronds
2 T chopped chives
1. Cover the potatoes with water, add a generous pinch of salt, and then bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, and juice of 1/2 lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste, and add more lemon juice as needed.
3. When the potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the water with a slotted spoon and toss with the lemon dressing while still hot.
4. Add the fava beans to the boiling water for 30-40 seconds. Immediately run under cold water and then slip off the skins. Taste, and boil a bit more if needed (this will depend on the size).
5. Add the fava beans, fennel, fennel fronds, and chives to the potatoes, and gently toss to combine. Taste and add more salt, pepper, lemon juice, and/or oil as needed. Serve warm or chilled.
I'm sending this salad off to Kitchen Bootcamp: Salads.