Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes


My friend Clare got married earlier this summer, and instead of the usual wedding cake, she had her friends bake cupcakes!  I thought it was such a fun idea to get everyone involved and save a little money.  Plus, the cupcakes tasted way better than your usual wedding cake!  I was put in charge of finding the recipes, as well as cooking some of the cupcakes.  I went for two of my favorite (and relatively fool-proof) cupcakes: Coconut Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting and Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream.  Although I wasn't responsible for the gorgeous display, I wanted to share it since it was so pretty!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulation to your friend. I am sure she was very happy with these gorgeous cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute the cupcakes...lovely pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea! everyone loves cupcakes, and what a wonderful way to get more people involved!
    I bet the were a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a lovely spread and congrats to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the idea of wedding cupcakes. The trend hadn't really started yet when I got married, but I would have loved something like that! What a special thing you and your friends did!

    ReplyDelete