Puppy Crackers (adapted from Cupcake Project, original recipe here)
We made two half-recipes in a mini-food processor, or you can make the full recipe as printed below in a full-sized food processor. Yield depends on the size of cutter you use and how many times you re-roll the dough.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T baking powder
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
6 T cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 T canola or vegetable oil
2/3 cup cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in the food processor and pulse to combine.
2. Add the butter a few small pieces at a time, and pulse to combine.
3. Add the oil and pulse to combine.
4. Add the water just a bit at a time, pulsing to combine after each addition. Once the dough starts to form a ball, stop adding water - you will probably not use all of it. (If your food processor has a feeder tube that allows you to drip in water a bit at a time, this works well.)
5. Roll out the dough as thinly as possible - working in batches as necessary. Use cookie cutters to cut into crackers. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheets with a spatula, and prick with a fork or skewer.
6. Bake until the crackers just begin to brown - approximately ten minutes, but will vary depending on the size of the crackers you make and how thin you're able to get them.
Miss Scarlett, Professor Plum, Colonel and First Lieutenant Mustard, Mrs. White, Mr. Body, Yvette the Maid, the Greens, and the Peacocks