2-3 pounds pork shoulder, butt, or country-style ribs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
Small buns, toasted
Fresh pineapple, thinly sliced
1. Place the pork, garlic, onion, peppers, jalapeno, pineapple juice, and soy sauce in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
3. Carefully transfer the pork to the baking sheet, letting the juices run back into the slow cooker. Remove any bone(s) and large pieces of fat, and break up or shred the pork into bite-sized pieces. Arrange the shredded meat in an even layer, and then cook for about 15 minutes, until the meat is starting to get a little crispy.
4. Strain the liquid in the slow cooker into a bowl or pot. When you remove the pork from the oven, stir in as much as you like to moisten the meat. You can also spoon some over each individual sandwich if you like.
5. Assemble your sandwiches. Pile the pork on toasted buns and top with thinly sliced fresh pineapple.