Fresh Strawberry Donuts (adapted from Fifteen Spatulas, original recipe here)
Makes 12 mini donuts
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
1/2 cup minced strawberries
Powdered sugar, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini-donut pan with oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soday, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients, and whisk briefly to combine (a few lumps are okay).
4. Scrape the batter into a gallon Ziplock bag, and carefully cut off a corner. Use the bag to pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it as evenly as possible among the wells (you want to fill them about 2/3 full).
5. Bake 8-12 minutes or so, until a tester comes out clean.
6. Let the donuts cool while you prepare the glaze. Place the strawberries in a mini-chopper or blender and puree. Add confectioner's sugar a large spoonful at a time, blending between each addition, until the glaze is as thick and sweet as you like it.
These donuts are best right after glazing (while still a little warm!), but you'll still enjoy them the next morning for breakfast if you have any left.