Makes 1 loaf
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup plus 1 T dark brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
14 ounces mashed ripe banana (3-4 bananas)
1 cup chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour and baking powder, and set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, followed by the eggs, one at a time.
4. Beat in the mashed bananas. The gently fold in the flour mixture, followed by the chocolate.
5. Scrape into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 50 minutes, or until a tester comes out moist but clean. Let cool for 15-30 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to finish cooling.