My partner for this month's Secret Recipe Club was Sid of Sid's Sea Palm Cooking. I was originally planning to make her Greek yogurt biscuits, but then my sweet tooth hit and I ended up deciding I needed a dessert fix. Sid's peanut butter cookies were the perfect afternoon snack -- easy to whip together, and so delicious! These peanut butter cookies are tender, sweet, and pretty much the perfect cookie. Chocolate is optional...sort of. I mean, everything's better with chocolate, right? Either way, you're talking about three or four ingredients for one amazing peanut butter cookie.
Peanut Butter Cookies (adapted from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking, original recipe here)
Makes about 1-2 dozen cookies (depending on size)
1 cup sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
Chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with oil.
2. Stir together the sugar and egg. Add the peanut butter and stir to combine.
3. Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet using a cookie scoop or spoon.
4. Press a few chocolate chunks or chips into the tops of the cookies if you like.
5. Bake about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are just set and nicely browned on the bottom.