1-1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, brisket, or boneless short ribs, cut into large cubes
1 tsp kosher salt
1 T Thai curry paste of choice (I used Massaman curry paste)
1 cup light coconut milk
1 T soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1/2 T fish sauce
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into medium slices
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
Thinly sliced scallions, to serve
Cooked Jasmine rice, to serve
1. Sprinkle the beef chunks with the salt and set aside while you chop the veggies and prepare the sauce.
2. Heat a generous drizzle of oil in the Instant Pot using the "Saute" function. When it is hot, whisk in the curry paste and stir until fragrant and sizzling.
3. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, and fish sauce, and whisk to dissolve the sugar. Cook for a minute or so, stirring, and then turn off the Instant Pot.
4. Add the beef cubes, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots, and stir well so that everything is lightly coated with the sauce. Seal the lid, and press the "Meat/Stew" function.
5. When the Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then quick release any remaining pressure.
7. Serve over rice with scallions sprinkled on top.