Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Lolita Squeeze

One of my bridesmaids got us the cookbook Tacolicious as part of our wedding gift, and this week I tried one of the cocktails.  It was both pink and delicious, which makes it a winner in my book!  It reminded me a lot of the cocktails at Comal, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Berkeley, California.  I love the combination of sweet watermelon with herbal cilantro in this cocktail - they balance each other really well.  Yum!  

Note: If you want a boozier cocktail, the original recipe had half the amount (2 ounces) of watermelon juice -- I doubled it because I tend to like a fruitier drink, and it was perfect for my taste!


Lolita Squeeze (adapted from Tacolicious)
Serves 1

A couple of sprigs of fresh cilantro
Pinch of salt
4 ounces watermelon juice (puree watermelon chunks and strain through a fine-mesh strainer)
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Ice

Muddle the cilantro and pinch of salt in a cocktail shaker.  Add the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker, fill with ice, and shake until very cold.  Strain over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment