This recipe makes a LOT so you may want to scale down to 1 or 2 eggplants, depending how many people you are serving.
3 medium eggplants
1/2 cup tahini
2 T lemon juice
1 minced garlic clove
1-1/2 tsp kosher slat
Za'atar, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses, to serve
1. Pierce each eggplant in a couple of places so it won't explode.
2. Broil for 35-40 minutes, turnin a couple of times, until very charred. Or grill for 20-30 minutes over high heat, again turning often.
3. Set in a strainer over the sink and allow to cool.
4. Remove the skin and place the eggplant flesh in a large bowl. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and salt, and whisk everything together.
5. To serve. place in a wide dish. Combine za'atar with olive oil (2 parts za'atar to 3 parts oil) and drizzle over the top. Drizzle over a bit of pomegranate molasses. Can also add mint leaves and pomegranate seeds if you have them.