Lemon-Blueberry Muffins (adapted from Inspired Taste)
Makes 1 dozen muffins
3/4 cup sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk (see below)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Sanding sugar, to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
2. Rub together the sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large measuring cup, add the oil and egg. Add enough milk to bring the measuring cup to 1 cup. Add the vanilla and lemon juice and whisk to combine.
4. Fold the wet into the dry ingredients and then fold in the blueberries.
5. Divide batter among the muffin tins and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.