Huevos Rotos (adapted from the New York Times)
1/3 cup olive oil, more as needed
2 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
1-1/2 to 2 pounts new potatoes, cut in half (or whole if very small)
1 small onion, diced
1 small bell pepper, diced
4 minced garlic cloves
Lemons, to serve
1. Combine the oil, paprika, 1-1/2 tsp salt, a generous grind of pepper, and 1 cup water. Place the potatoes in a large skillet and pour this mixture over them. Bring toi a boil, cover, and cook on high until fork tender, 9-15 minutes (I'm at high altitude so this might be faster in your kitchen).
2. Uncover and reduce heat to low. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer, cut side down, and add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic around the potatoes. Cover and cook until the potatoes and golden and vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir, addmore oil if needed, and make 4 "nests." Crack and egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are runny, 5-6 minutes.
5. Serve with lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Post a Comment