I've never tried pasta in the Instant Pot before, but I have to say I really love this recipe! Since everything cooks in one pot, it's quick to make and cleanup is also super easy. The flavors go really well together and the sauce is so creamy and savory. Plus, it's the perfect use for the overabundance of basil from our backyard garden!
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta (adapted from Cooking Classy)
32 ounce carton low-sodium chicken broth
6 T sun-dried tomato pesto
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 T minced garlic
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
12 oz uncooked campanelle pasta
5 oz fresh baby spinach
8 ounces cream cheese (low fat is okay), cut into cubes
1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Put the chicken broth, sun-dried tomato pesto, Italian seasoning, and garlic into the Instant Pot insert. Whisk to combine.
2. Add the chicken and pasta and stir to combine.
3. Seal and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
4. Quick release the pressure, and add the baby spinach, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
5. Replace the lid, and let sit 5-10 minutes for the sauce to thicken. Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed. Between the pesto and cheese, I didn't think mine needed any additional salt.
6. Stir in the basil just before serving.