These blondies from Sherry Yard are super amazing. They came together easily in the stand mixer and I think they'd also be a breeze to make by hand. Everyone thought they were terrific, and also that Yard's advice to "serve them with a big glass of milk and schedule time for a nap afterward" was totally accurate!
Although I loved these, they still didn't quite reach blondie heaven for me. Does anyone from Northeast Ohio know a recipe for blondies that tastes at all like the West Point Market's version? Those blondies are dense, caramel-y, and super moist (sort of like extra fudge-y brownies without the chocolate). Still, although these were a different confection, they were still fabulous.
Blondies (adapted slightly from Sherry Yard's The Secrets of Baking)
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz. softened butter
1/3 c sugar
1 c packed golden brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 T plus 1 tsp light corn syrup
1 T vanilla extract
dulce de leche (or another good quality caramel sauce)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with oil.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in to a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the butter on high speed until soft and creamy, about 1 minute. Slowly add the sugars and beat on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add corn syrup and vanilla.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
6. Pour half of the batter into the pan and spread it out (this will be a little tough given the greased pan). Spread dulce de leche on top (use however much you like; I used about half a jar). Spread the remaining batter on top. Don't worry too much if it mixes together a bit, but do try to keep the layers separate.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Blondies will keep for 3 days at room temperature or 3 weeks in the freezer if wrapped airtight.