Chocolate Chip Banana Bars (adapted from All Things Delicious, original recipe here)
Makes one 9x13 pan
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
10 ounces chocolate chips (I used a bag of Guittard Super Cookie Chocolate Chips)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Cream the butter briefly to break it up. Add the sugar and cream with the butter until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Beat in the mashed banana, followed by the remaining flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Scrape the batter into the pan in as even a layer as possible (it won't be perfectly even because it will be quite thick). Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a tester in the middle comes out clean.
Posing by a fishing boat at China Camp...is it time for cookies yet? :)