20 ounces Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1-inch-thick New York strip steaks (about 1-1/2 pounds to 2 pounds will serve 4, depending on appetite)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 scallions, trimmed
1. Position a rack about 6 inches from the broiler and preheat the broiler to high.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with oil.
3. Toss the Brussels sprouts with a generous pour of oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cover with one or two wire racks set on top of the Brussels sprouts.
4. Brush the steaks with oil, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on the rack.
5. Broil, flipping once, until the sprouts are a little charred and the steak is cooked to your liking, about 3-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
6. Meanwhile, puree the sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar, and scallion in a mini chopper or blender. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
7. Cover the steak and sprouts with a large piece of foil, and let rest about 10 minutes. Then serve, along with the blue cheese sauce.