Mom' s Lime Pudding (adapted from Nurserymen's Digest, 1983)
3/4 cup sugar
3 T flour
3 T butter, melted, plus more for custard cups
1 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
3 T lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine the sugar, flour, and butter in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the milk, egg yolks, lime juice, and lime zest, and whisk until well incorporated.
3. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff. Gently fold into the rest of the batter.
4. Lightly grease four custard cups with butter. Divide the lime mixture between the cups and then place in a 9x13 brownie pan. Very carefully pour hot water into the pan until it comes about halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Carefully transfer to the preheated oven.
5. Bake 35 minutes, until slightly set. The top will be cake-like with a smooth sauce beneath. Serve warm or cold.