Penzey's Skillet Cornbread
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup milk
3 T vegetable oil
Butter, for the skillet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a large cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, milk, and oil until smooth.
4. Add a cube of butter the the skillet and let it melt. When the butter is melted, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and add the batter. Bake 20-25 minutes until the center is set and the crust is pulling away from the edges of the skillet.