Chocolate-Cherry Scones (adapted from The Kitchen)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 stick cold butter, cut into small cubes
2 cups mix-ins (such as: dried cherries, milk chocolate chips, golden raisins, and chopped pecans)
Milk and sanding sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment.
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and egg.
3. Cut the butter into the flour.
4. Stir the mix-ins into the sour cream mixture and then into the flour-butter mixture. Stir everything together gently, then turn out onto a work surface and pat to desired thickness. Cut into small triangles and arrange on the baking sheets.
5. Brush scones with milk and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Baking time will vary based on size, but start checking around 10 minutes.