Mini Chocolate Doughnuts (adapted from King Arthur Flour, via Mama's Gotta Bake)
Makes one dozen
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup + 2 T all purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 T light brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Heaping 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp white or cider vinegar
4 T melted butter
For the glaze:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 T heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the wells of a 12-doughnut mini doughnut pan (I used oil spray).
2. Whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk in the butter. No need to beat - just make sure everything is combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the pan, dividing it as evenly as possible among the wells.
5. Bake about 10-12 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
6. Remove doughnuts from oven and after about 30 seconds, turn out onto a rack.
7. Make the topping. Combine the chocolate chips and cream in a small saucepan and heat until melted. Mix to combine. Dip doughnuts into glaze and enjoy! You can dip warm doughnuts into the glaze if you're going to eat them right away; if you're saving the doughnuts for later, wait to dip until the doughnuts are completely cooled.
They look addicting! Have fun with you pan.ReplyDelete
Yum!! Such fun!ReplyDelete
I need to try that recipe - I bought a donut pan and tried a few recipes, but they tasted like ass.ReplyDelete
I keep forgetting to ask how you like the light box you won from me last fall?
These doughnuts definitely do not taste like ass, so I highly recommend them! :-DDelete
The light box has been awesome, especially now that it's winter and dinner is never done in time to snap a shot in daylight. Loving it! :) Thank you again! :)
Great! Thanks for letting me know! :DDelete
These wouldn't last too long in our house! =)ReplyDelete
Now that is a fun looking treat!ReplyDelete
I JUST bought a mini doughnut pan and now can't wait to use it to make these! They look great!ReplyDelete
Love baked donut, it's such a guilt free treat!ReplyDelete
This is not helping my recent donut craving - it looks delicious. I don't have a donut pan but it seems so much fun. My son would love it but I'm trying to resist buying too many pans and equipment! : )ReplyDelete
Looks yum !! Bookmarking this !!ReplyDelete
Chocolate cake-type doughnuts were always my favourite - these sound fantastic!ReplyDelete